Dan Samms, Juri Amari, and Calvin Dorsey talk about Masculinity and the Image of God.
The Bad Joke Podcast is three diverse pastors who come together to discuss the Kingdom of God and its implications in contemporary life. We usually discuss the controversial topic of the day.
This week, Calvin Dorsey, Juri Ammari, and Dan Samms talk about the Stanford rape case, unjust sentencing, and how believers should respond.
(New Church Plant Coming Soon)
The Bad Joke Podcast is three diverse church planters who come together to discuss the Kingdom of God and its implications in contemporary life.
This week, Calvin Dorsey, Juri Ammari, and Dan Samms continue their discussion of wealth addiction. Each talk about their views on dependance and the way in which wealth is to be used by Christ’s followers and His Church. They even discuss a 12 step process for freedom from wealth addiction, though they all agree that the hope for freedom is not in a process.
12 Steps Out of Wealth Addiction
- We admitted we were powerless (over money) - that our lives (finances) had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that Jesus could restore us (to sanity).
- Made a decision to turn our will, our lives, and our finances over to the care of God.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves and our financial lives.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to a fellow believer the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character by the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit.
- Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all. (Zaccheus gave back triple what he had dwindled, and Jesus told the rich young ruler to sell all that he had and give it to the poor)
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to abide in Jesus, praying for the Holy Spirit to guide us and to empower us to do God's will.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to greedy, and to practice these principles in all our affairs
Metro Alliance Church http://www.metroalliance.net/
Restoration Church http://restorationhcn.org/
Village Alliance Church https://www.facebook.com/VillageAllianceChurch/
Intro and Outro music from Point of HonorRead More
Political campaigns advocating socialism or capitalism in various forms along with a troubled economy are highlighting issues of poverty, wealth, and the gap in between. Some say tax the rich. Others say tax everyone. Others say tax no one. Is the solution to poverty something that can be legislated or will it something else? Dan, Juri, and Calvin will discuss the how we are to minister to poverty and how we are to view wealth as Christians. Expect no normalcy.
Music Intro and outro provided by Point of Honor.Read More
The Bad Joke Podcast is a conversation between a black pastor, an arabic pastor, and a white pastor. Calvin Dorsey, Juri Ammari, and Daniel Samms talk weekly about the culture, the Kingdom of God, and the role of Jesus followers to make disciples. Current events are evaluated in light of the gospel.
This week, Calvin, Juri, and Dan discuss the concept of the priesthood of all believers (1 Peter 2:5-9) and what it means for every believer's ministry in daily life.
Music intro and outro from Point of Honor.Read More
In this episode Calvin, Dan, and Juri talk about the Black Lives Matter movement in light of the gospel. Music Credit: Point of Honor.Read More