The Bad Joke Podcast is three diverse church planters who come together to discuss the Kingdom of God and its implications in contemporary life.
This week, Calvin Dorsey, Juri Ammari, and Dan Samms continue their discussion of wealth addiction. Each talk about their views on dependance and the way in which wealth is to be used by Christ’s followers and His Church. They even discuss a 12 step process for freedom from wealth addiction, though they all agree that the hope for freedom is not in a process.
12 Steps Out of Wealth Addiction
- We admitted we were powerless (over money) - that our lives (finances) had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that Jesus could restore us (to sanity).
- Made a decision to turn our will, our lives, and our finances over to the care of God.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves and our financial lives.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to a fellow believer the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character by the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit.
- Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all. (Zaccheus gave back triple what he had dwindled, and Jesus told the rich young ruler to sell all that he had and give it to the poor)
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to abide in Jesus, praying for the Holy Spirit to guide us and to empower us to do God's will.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to greedy, and to practice these principles in all our affairs
Metro Alliance Church http://www.metroalliance.net/
Restoration Church http://restorationhcn.org/
Village Alliance Church https://www.facebook.com/VillageAllianceChurch/
Intro and Outro music from Point of Honor